What a year it’s been! The first six months were fairly predictable—just like I assumed it’d be. The last six months have stretched me beyond comfortability! I’ve grown more as a person in the past year than I imagined I could. I’m so incredibly GRATEFUL for the really tough moments of rejection, struggle, and frustration. New life, vision, and purpose were birthed in those moments and I can hardly wait to share those dreams with you. 2013 is going to be incredible! (More to come for 2013, especially on the job front, but for now let’s celebrate this past year!)
Here are roughly (but not limited to) 12 highlights of 2012…so many outstanding moments!
1. For example, ALL of the traveling I did!
2. Memorable moments like finally trying brussell spouts (love them) and tried Bikram yoga (didn’t love), going into and out of an 8 ½ month relationship, and Gossip Girl ending. Big stuff for this year!
That’s not the only change in 2012.
3. I no longer drive my red Honda civic, Roxy. She’s been passed to my younger cousin who I USED TO DRIVE AROUND WHEN SHE WAS 5! *First time I’ve ever truly felt “OLD.”
4. Speaking of driving…I’ve never been pulled over until 2012…and it just so happens I got pulled over THREE times! (Rolling stop, headlight out, expired tags). Blessed to still claim I’ve never gotten a ticket: 🙂
5. I finished my 3-year master’s degree. MAJOR WAHOOS!
6. Keeping up with a consistent fitness routine that included taking body pump, body flow, other core strengthening & cardio pumping classes, as well as teaching Zumba at least 2x per week. Also, having a few new gym buddies made the experience enjoyable and could give me an extra push when I needed it!
7. Playing “Rachel Ray” with the Junior League. We did a live cooking demo in front of a crowd teaching healthy eating. SO much fun!
8. I baked my first wedding cake for some dear friends!
9. I crafted some new creations, like paintings, canvas lettering, cards, wreaths, vases, and my favorite DIY headboard/wall art!
10. Taking my roomie to her first college game ever! Good thing it was to a game where my Hokies won!
11. Oh, and I couldn’t forget to mention this year’s autumn. It was BREATHTAKING!
12. And then there were my nieces! Ohhh my goodness I cannot even begin to tell you how much fun I’ve had as an auntie this year. Amber is now 3 years old and full of personalities and conversations. My sweet baby Elena is now 3 months. I have the best of both worlds with a fun toddler to play with and a baby to cuddle. My heart is so full with love for those girls!
Sigh. Such a beautiful life and a beautiful year filled with so.much.love. It was hard, yesssss indeeeeed, but I’ve never been stronger as a person. Cheers 2012, you’ve been better to me than I could have dreamed! My gratitude runs deep to a loving God for health, protection, and unconditional grace and love.