Wow, what a year it’s been. My last post…soooooo long ago…was pictures of my sweet teeny tiny baby Creighton. My sweet little 6lb 6oz baby boy is basically a teenager now, standing 2.5 feet tall and weighing in at a … Continue reading
Happy Friday, Y’all! Anyone get “fixed” on anything that you may borderline on obsession with? I have a few that I wanted to share.
1. Keeping Countdowns to see Michael! Current day count: 12 days…a torturous amount of time, if you ask me.
- -1/2 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- -3/4 cup Califia Farms Toasted Coconut Almond Milk
- -1 teaspoon of PB2
- -1 strawberry
- -1/3 banana
- -1 tablespoon raw shelled hemp hearts
- -1 tablespoon of peanut butter (Arrowhead Mills Organic Creamy No Salt/Oil Peanut Butter)
- -dash of cinnamon & nutmeg
3. Sam Smith: His album. His voice. Yes.
- -brew 2 tea bags of green tea for 24oz of water
- -squeezed lemon
- -fresh mint
- -a few drops of liquid Stevia to taste
- -Chill and pour over ice. Move out, Starbucks.
5. These wedding pictures of my grandparents! They just celebrated their 55th Wedding Anniversary on June 6th. Amazing, isn’t it? Cheers!
Do you have any current “fixations”? Do share! Have a great weekend and enjoy the first day of summer…TOMORROW!
Hi dear friends.
How are you? It’s been awhile since we’ve caught up. Is the world still going on out there, despite me being on summer break?! I’ve concluded I do break well; probably too well because I’m considering making “break” a profession.
I’ve slept in, some mornings as late as 11:45am!
I haven’t worked out in 2 weeks. Liberating I tell you!
I celebrated my 24th birthday, mothers’ day, and my brothers 30th birthday. How quickly we grow up…
I also celebrated my friend Jordan’s father’s life (Bronson Hunter) as well. He passed away May 9, 2011 and I’m so thankful to have had the chance to know him. I have countless childhood memories with the Hunter family (since first grade!) going to the annual Halloween parties, vacationing with them for many summers, and spending countless nights over at their house. Even though I just spent a year interning with Hospice, death is still a mysterious concept for me but if there is one thing I’ve learned, it’s that life is precious and meant to be enjoyed. My prayers go out to the Hunters that each day will bring joy, purpose, and love.
Also on break, I’ve watched my nice learn to walk, drank some pretty martinis, and went to visit my grandparents & aunt/uncle in Charlottesville on the family farm. (More to come on the farm adventures!)
I’m about to leave (tomorrow!) for California for two weeks visiting some of my best friends & family. Other than that, I don’t have any major summer plans. A few concerts are planned (Mumford & Sons // Bon Iver), some summer weddings to attend (Alison & Josh // Amanda & Tim), and plenty of shows to indulge in (Bachelorette // So You Think You Can Dance)!
Indeed, I think it’s going to be a very sweet summer ahead. What do you have planned?
My spring break officially began Thursday afternoon at 1:16pm. I celebrated with Organic Green Rooibos Tea and an afternoon reading a book. By Friday, the break was over and all weekend I’ve been in paper-writing mode. Not fun. It’s definitely a different pace than my trip to Nicaragua last spring break…(sigh…) Anyways, I’m almost done with the paper, which means my spring break will be fully dedicated to relaxing, being crafty, watching many movies, and sending some posts your way! Until then, here are some tid-bits…
- I haven’t had a soft drink since the beginning of January.
- I saw “The Adjustment Bureau” & I liked it.
- Lent starts Wednesday & I’m trying to figure out what needs to be re-prioritized in my life. (Honestly, there is a lot to choose from!)
- My birthday is less than two months away.
- I still am unsure of my summer plans.
- I’m writing this post to procrastinate finishing my paper.
P.S. Watermelon mojitos? Yes, please.