Since doing my 30 posts in 30 days, it’s felt a little strange not having a daily blog post to write, though I’m convinced you must have gotten sick of me. It was a fun challenge to actually prove to myself that I could come up with 30 different topics! My plan is to continue to write on Bird’s Nest at least twice a week, perhaps Tuesdays and Fridays. Here we are, Friday! Boy am I glad it’s the weekend. Work has been cray-cray with the end of the school year. There was prom and now I’m gearing up for planning banquets, baccalaureate, and graduation. Since I’m also the yearbook teacher, we are working on the last pages and edits of the yearbook. AND, half of our building is going under a renovation so I got evicted out of my office and moved to a dark, windowless cubical beside the teacher lounge. TGIF.
Here’s my top five for today!
- Last weekend I celebrated my 30th birthday, wahoo! My parents came into town and the four of us went downtown D.C. to Jaleo for a birthday dinner. Woah woah waoh those bites were delicious! What a sweet weekend celebrating.Also, for all of my dear loved ones who sent cards, flowers, and wrote Facebook posts, thank you for making a girl feel special!
- Michael and I celebrated our second wedding anniversary on May 9th. I wrote him a letter that day and for dinner, we went to eat at Don Taco, a favorite of ours in Old Town!
- Speaking of marriage, I think this article is a great reminder for couples.
- Today I’m planning to take my 800th Pure Barre class! I’ve kept a tally of all of my classes that I’ve taken over the past 4 years (and one week) from various studios. There’s something about hitting a milestone that makes that LTB a little more rewarding.
- I cannot get enough of this soup. Nona Lim Thai Curry & Lime Broth is a nightly craving. It’s actually just a broth, totally satisfying alone, but you could honestly do so many creations with it. I’m thinking of adding shredding chicken, sliced bell peppers, water chestnuts, and an cilantro to make it hearty! Get it at your local Whole Foods.
Those are my top 5! Michael and I are going to see Snatched with Amy Schumer and Goldie Hawn tonight and tomorrow, I teach a few Pure Barre classes while Michael as to work. The rest of the weekend should be low-key with grilling out and finishing the last season of Mad Men.
What are your plans? Happy Friday, Y’all!