I’m writing this post on May 4th, 2017 at 10:30PM, my 30th post of 30 posts, just right before I turn 30 in an hour and a half. It feels slightly surreal ending a decade and entering into another.
Here’s my top ten of my 20’s:
- Moving 8 times within 10 years!
- Going to my dream school, Southeastern University.
- Backpacking Europe with Amy & Starting Bird’s Nest. From that, discovering a new passion for writing.
- Traveling to other countries like Israel, Nicaragua, Mexico, Bali, Thailand, and China!
- Pursuing my Master of Divinity at Wake Forest School of Divinity and being so so so happy to finish school!
- Eleanor, because that’s my girl.
- Moving to Charleston without a job or place to live, but it turned out to be one of the best decisions I made in my 20’s.
- Of my 20’s, I think 26 is still my favorite year.
- Working in hospice was one of the most valuable experiences I’ve had. Learning as a young person to live an abundant life without regrets, centered around Jesus, has been life changing.
- The biggest decision I made as a 20-something: Michael & getting back together, engaged, and married!
What a decade! I am so incredibly blessed. There’s been hard seasons- seasons of depression, a lot of work with school, and growing in everyway possible- but all of it has been a sheer gift from a loving and faithful God. I’m so blessed to have the family and friends I do, the community I have both near and far, and that I get to live this life. It’s humbling.
Cheers to my 20’s!