Our last day of our grand trip was spent exploring The Great Wall of China!
Quick facts about the Great Wall:
- It’s the world’s longest wall and biggest ancient architecture, reaching about 13,000 miles long!
- It’s around 2,400 years old
- A third of the Wall has disappeared under land, water, and other natural erosion
- Over a million people died from building the wall
- 10 million people (and more!) visit the Wall every year. Today, we were apart of that number!
Also, Michael and I felt like celebrities. We were asked to have our picture take at least a dozen times! It was definitely the blonde hair.
With all of the climbing, I was grateful I workout regularly. Speaking of exercise: I had a chance to lift tone and burn and do a little Pure Barre moves on the wall!