I have a confession: I used to really hate peanut butter. There, I said it! Now for the redemption…
A few years ago, I started to try those foods I swore off as a child and with peanut butter at the top of the list, I started to get a little crush on the creamy concoction. The crush turned into a deep love affair.
I love the stuff so much that I have to limit myself to an actual tablespoon at a time…usually 2x a day…but oh my…those are little moments of heaven swrilled atop my other favorite food obsession…oatmeal. Y’all, I eat oatmeal nearly every.single.morning (yes, even in the summer heat) and sometime with lunch too. My favorite version? “Famous Shea’s PB&J Oatmeal!”
For those I’ve fixed it for, they’re hooked too (Right, Tiff?!). It’s utter perfection in a bowl.
- 1/3 cup Old-Fashioned Rolled Oats
- 1T PB2
- ½ cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- ¼ water
- 8 drops of liquid Stevia
- Cinnamon (dash or two)
- 1 T sugar free blackberry jelly (or your choice of flavor)
- 1 T reduced fat Great Value peanut butter (or your choice of pb)
- ¼ bar of Quest Cookies & Cream protein bar (or your favorite Quest)
- Mix the dry oatmeal with PB2 and then stir in the almond milk, water, stevia, and cinnamon in a deep microwavable bowl for 2 minutes & 25 seconds. Watch it! Don’t let it spill over.
- Stir and let it sit a minute. Texture should be a smooth, creamy consistency. If there’s too much liquid, let it sit. If it doesn’t stir well, add water or milk.
- Stir in your choice of jelly.
- Swirl atop your oatmeal with peanut butter. I like to let it melt on top!
- Crumble ¼ of the Quest Bar in to small pieces & drop on top of oatmeal.
- Eat slowly and enjoy your creation!