Oh sweet Saturday. I can’t complain one bit about this past week because it was blissfully slow. Charleston ended up seeing about ¼ inch of ice and yes, there were flurries of white snow! Not much, mostly ice, but it got me off of work Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. Yes, happy Shea.
Over the “snow days”, I soaked up as much R&R as I could. After hours on the couch, I got up and I did an in home workout with these girls (a great 20 minute session!), a leisurely walk around the hood capturing snow & ice (pics to come soon!), and a Pure Barre DVD session.
I’m an 8-hour-a-night kind of girl. My bedtime is religiously 10:35pm and I make sure I get my fair share of shuteye. As far as caffeine goes, I’m allergic to that stuff, so there goes that possibility. That leaves stress. Considering I had a dream about someone cutting my hair*, I’ve decided my right eye displays twitches of stress.
*For years, whenever I have a dream about someone cutting my hair, it’s a clear indicator I’m experiencing some kind of stress in life. Crazy, but dreams are telling!
When I think of my “stresses” (new work projects, selling a condo, never-ending to-do lists, family “stuff”, health “questions”) in comparison to what really matters in life (God, relationships, and love)…I shake my head at my “worries”. Which in the end, I can look a little silly with shaking my head and a right twitching eye, but to counteract all of it, I make “gratitude” lists.
1. A visit from Helen, Stephanie, and Ruth!
2. So many snuggles with Eleanor! When we were not snuggled up, I could always find her looking out the window! Preciousssssss.
3. For family and friends to love, to pray for, and to walk through the depths of life’s stresses together. I adore you all.
4. A job that challenges me and keeps me grounded with perspective. (Oh, and my new group I’m starting open to the community of Charleston!)
5. Warm beds, hot teas, a roof over my head, and food to eat!
I could go on and on for every detail I’m stressed over and yet deeply grateful for, but I’ll spare you. I’ll leave you with a “sweet” food discovery that would be perfect for the big game tomorrow. It’s wonderful for dipping fruit, sweet potato fries, or eating just by the spoonful!
- 6oz of plain, non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon organic honey
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 5-6 drops of liquid Stevia
Have a happy, grateful, stress-free weekend sans eye twitches! 🙂