Let’s get real. This pic made you want the recipe. Spaghetti squash with ground turkey and homemade basil/garlic tomato sauce. YUP! Here you go, friends!
I’ve lost a total of 15 pounds since eating clean, maintaining an active exercise schedule, and doing Advocare. BEST decision I’ve ever made & committed to. I have more energy than I’ve ever had, I physically/mentally/spiritually feel healthier and stronger. My life has truly been changed!
Please please please let me tell you more about Advocare by commenting below. Comment with your email address and I’ll send you more details. Until… enjoy this recipe!
- Wash Spaghetti Squash (aka s.s.)!
- Poke holes in it with a fork, ½ inch of add water to a pan (I used a bread pan since I had a small s.s.)
- Bake spaghetti squash for 45 minutes at 350 degrees (or longer if you can’t easily poke your fork in it).
- Once your baking time is done, cut s.s. in half. Scoop out seeds in middle of each side. Shred the insides with a fork. Or, watch this if you want to cook it in the microwave for 10 minutes!
- Wash about 8 small tomatoes you get from the vine.
- Cut into quarters.
- Add ¼ inch of water to baking pan & add tomatoes.
- Chop fresh basil & garlic and put on top of ‘maters
- Sprinkle fresh ground pepper on top.
- Bake along with s.s. at the same time! (45minuntes-ish at 350)
- Once you’re done with baking, put the tomatoes & water in a mixing bowl and use a hand-held blender to puree sauce. (You could also put in in your Ninja or blender.)
I like to add some fresh ground turkey on top of my s.s. & homemade tomato sauce. I cook the lean turkey in some of my tomato sauce to add flavor.
This meal is LEGIT. For 1 cup of spaghetti squash, ½ cup of tomato sauce, and (YES AND) 3oz of lean ground turkey…
- Calories: 277
- Carbs: 22
- Fat: 15
- Protein: 17g
Alright, folks. If it spaghetti squash looks like spaghetti… feels like spaghetti…well it’s not spaghetti. It’s called spaghetti squash because of the noodle-like appareance of the veggie. It tastes delicious and covered with your (clean) tomato sauce and ground meat, it’ll be a great alternative to your spaghetti noodle (which has 220 calories & 43carbs in one cup alone. YIKES!).