How’s your week been? I’ve been semi-busy for someone who is unemployed. I make myself busy by scheduling workouts, set times to job search, volunteering, babysitting, and teaching Zumba. At least I enjoy doing all of these activities!
Last week was NOT my favorite week. I heard a lot of no’s about potential jobs, a relationship I was in, and my desire to plan my own future. Hearing “no” to anything can make the inner 3-year old cry, pout, and question, “WHY!?” Maybe the purpose of life is to break that inner child and get her to grow the heck up. I suppose when that “yes” comes, it’s going to be sweet. I’m holding on to that.
The weekend was significantly better with seeing some great people in SC followed by a week that has been promising with new opportunities. I can honestly say I’m excited about the future—however that may look! I remember writing in my journal on January 1, 2012 that I wanted to be “comfortable and rest in the unknowing.” I suppose God is trying to teach me to do just that—to continue to trust in a faithful Creator and believe God is always on time. Sigh…
In other news, I’m baking my first wedding cake this weekend! I’m keeping it simple: chocolate cake with buttercream icing. The focus is to taste divine and look pretty. I’ve already made about 15 cups of icing…tomorrow starts the actual baking. I hope I can pull this off! Pics to come.
A few other thoughts…
- -I can’t believe September is here…CRAZY.
- -Jeans, boots, sweaters, scarves, plum Essie nailpolish anyone?!
- -I’m planning to go to the beach with my parents and soak up the last bit of summer rays.
- LET’S GO…HOKIES!
- -My second niece will be born in the matter of a few weeks! Does she already know I’m completely in love with her?
- -I’M NO LONGER A STUDENT! My friends at Wake Div have officially started up classes again and it feels like heaven sitting this one out. Whew.
- -I’m learning that having a positive attitude and perspective are essential to surviving life. Amen, anyone?
- Eleanor says hi.