We’re officially one week in 2012! I can’t but wonder how many people have already broken their New Year’s resolutions.
Last year, I didn’t make a resolutions list. Instead, I made an “I’d-like-to-do-these-really-fun-things-this-year” list. It was wildly successful, with the exception of going to bikram yoga and trying brussel sprouts.
When I think about 2012, I can pretty much foresee the first half of the year. A lot of great things are going to happen…
- -enjoy being a grad student for my LAST semester of school
- -run a 10K with Molly & my cousin Catherine in Charleston, SC
- -be a bridesmaid in Jen’s wedding
- -turn 25 (whhhaaat?!)
- -go to Mexico for 11 days / 10 nights with Carolyn (wahoo!)
- -attend Sam & David’s wedding, as well as Kim & Scott’s wedding
My dentist asked me when I wanted to come for my 6-month cleaning. She said that I’m due July 10, 2012. I told her this was great because now I know what I’m doing in July. After July 11 (7/11 Free Slurpee Day at 7-Eleven), I have no.clue.what.I.am.doing. This is freeing and terrifying at the same time. What jobs will I come across? Will I have to tap into my savings to pay my mortgage? Do I sell my condo? How long will my hair be? Oh the questions of a 20something!
My hopes for the second half of 2012 include…
- -enjoy the unknowing & appreciate the moments of uncertainty
- -continue to use both my licenses for Zumba (Zumba & Zumbatomic!) and maybe get licensed for Zumba toning?
- -read more than 18 books
- -go to a nationally recognized “dark park” when the moon is not seen to better see the stars
- -have a job (or a couple of jobs) where I get to use creativity, organization, and be around people
- -Know God, enjoy life, love people, snuggle with Eleanor