Each year I take a challenge to read more books than I did last year. I know…nerd. Here’s the 2011 book list. The bolded ones were my favorites.
- “My Name is Asher Lev” by Chaim Potok
- “The Five People You Meet in Heaven” by Mitch Albom
- “Skinny Bitch” by Rory Freedman and Kim Barnouin
- “Water for Elephants” by Sara Gruen
- “Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close” by Jonathan Safran Foer
- “The Help” by Kathryn Stockett
- “The Sacrament of the Present Moment” by Jean-Pierre de Caussade (I wrote about this one here)
- “Peace is Every Step” by Thich Nhat Hanh
- “The War of Art” by Steven Press-field
- “Girls in White Dresses” by Jennifer Close
- “The Diary of a Country Priest” by George Bernanos
- “Why We Can’t Wait” by Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “Holidays on Ice” by David Sedaris
- “Bossy Pants” by Tina Fey
- “Gilead” by Marilynne Robinson
- “Meditations of the Heart” by Howard Thurman
- “Love, Charleston” by Beth Webb Hart
- “Redeeming Love” by Francine Rivers
I already have 5 books to read on my 2012 list. What were your favorite reads this year? Any suggestions?