I made Taco Soup the other day in the crock pot. It made me want to slap my momma. (After all, she did pass the recipe along to me and it was just.so.good.) (Mom, I know you read this. You know I would never slap you, right?!) So, this recipe is also from Weight Watchers, so it’s low cal/carb. Ekkk, trust me on this one…it’s delicious. Here is how I did mine:
In your crock-pot, add…
- 1 can of black beans (rinse before)
- 1 can of kidney beans (rinse before)
- 1 can of corn (rinse before)
- 1 can of Bush’s vegetarian beans w/sauce
- 1 can of diced tomatoes (low sodium in basil, garlic, & oregano)
- Few cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 de-boned, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 packet of Taco Seasoning (low sodium)
- 1 packet of Ranch dry seasoning
- Cover with chicken broth
Stir & cook on low for about 6-7 hours. Before eating, take a fork to the chicken and shred it. This guarantees chicken in every bite. Yuuuummmm.
Now for the most important part…
After you shred your chicken and stir the pot, get yourself a bowl, pour yourself some soup, and add a tablespoon of low fat sour cream on top. Wait! You’re not ready to chow down just yet…take a handful of cilantro (de-stemmed & washed) and throw on your soup. Trust me, you do not want to miss out on the sour cream & cilantro!
Ok friends…happy eating!