I apologize in advance…I am one GIDDY girl as I write this and my inner nerd about to show through my glasses.
This is an epic moment. The last time I’ve been excited about going back to school after a summer or winter break was my last semester of college where my classroom was set in Israel! Yes, this is audacious to say… I am eager for the first day of school again!
OMG I’ve never been more excited about taking a class based solely on the reading book list. Some I’ve read, others I’ve had in my possession and have wanted to for a very, very long time. Here are a five of the eight books on the list for my class, “Classics of Christian Devotion”:
- The Cost of Discipleship by Dietrich Bonhoeffer
- The Practice of the Presence of God by Brother Lawrence
- An Anthology of Christian Mysticism by Harvey Egan
- Testament of Devotion by Thomas Kelly
- Contemplative Prayer by Thomas Merton
EEEKK! This list makes me squeal! I don’t think I’ve been this excited about a grad school class…ever. This does my soul well, very very well.
Break is almost up, which is ok. After all, the semester ended over a month ago. I’ve spent time with some of my favorite people. (More to come on this later.)
Anywho… I foresee a good semester ahead with lots of good reading nights snuggled up with Eleanor. Here are the classes I am taking:
- Art of Ministry IIb / Internship with Hospice
- New Testament Interpretations II
- Classics of Christian Devotion
- Mystics of the Church
Bloggies, what books are on your reading list this season? It doesn’t matter if you’re in school or not—let’s read!