It’s officially the last day of 2010. Every year I get depressed on the final day of the year, always nostalgic for more time. And when that countdown begins amidst the crowd for the New Year, I always feel faintish. Yes, faintish. I can’t explain that last statement, but I think it has to do with that wish time would slow down. A new year reminds me that I’m getting older, my parents are getting older, life is changing…things won’t be the same. Then there is that longing for the future: for my own family, future travels, and opportunities for expanded knowledge. It has been said, “The only thing constant is change.” I’m reminded of that every December 31st. Now, don’t get me wrong. I’m a girl who loves fresh starts. January 1st? Yes. The first of every month? Love it. Mondays? Err, mostly.
I suppose one of the best ways to kick my slump of the 31st is to look back over the year and be grateful for the adventures encountered. It’s been a good year. I’ve tried oysters, spinning class, and have swum in the Pacific Ocean all for the first time. Each season this year has been remarkably beautiful. My family has remained healthy. Life is good and I am thankful.
In chronological order, here is my top ten of 2010:
- Watching the first year of my niece’s life
- Traveling to Nicaragua and exploring it’s poverty and beauty
- Doing the most spontaneous thing of my life by going to FL on a whim to visit my friends who were graduating
- Kelsi coming to surprise me for my 23rd Birthday
- CPE hospital chaplain internship
- Getting Eleanor, of course! (This may just be my favorite of 2010…)
- Internship at Hospice
- Catching up with family at my cousin Catherine’s wedding
- All of the arts and crafts, new recipes, & cakes decorated. Remember those fried green tomatoes?!
- Falling in love with blogging on bird’s nest. Thanks for sticking with me this year! I cannot thank you enough for your love and support. Much much love.
So what’s your top ten of 2010?