Top 22 of being 22:
- Backpacking Europe…12 counties, 5 weeks!
- Getting accepted to Harvard Divinity School, then saying no to Harvard Divinity School…
- Going to Wake Forest Divinity School & completing my first year of my masters!!!
- Living completely on my own for the first time in my life; learning and growing from that.
- Decorating my place. What a fun project and great way to discover personal style.
- Going to Nicaragua.
- Enjoying new friendships in Div school.
- Starting this blog. Notice it started out as a travel blog…turned into “this is what life’s about right now” blog…and I think it’s slowly turning into a food blog. I think I’m ok with that!
- Welcoming my baby niece into the world. (Found out she was on her way last May 5!!!)
- Studying my mystics: St. Teresa of Avila & St. John of the Cross.
- Learning to decorate cakes.
- Becoming a nun, then getting kicked out of the convent for well, lying…
- Learning balance: school work, maintaining friendships, being crafty (painting, cake decorating, card making, photography), to working & babysitting. I definitely don’t have it completely down, but I am a lot closer to living balanced that I was last year.
- Getting accepted for an internship at a local hospital working as an intern this summer. Can’t wait to see what that teaches me and how my internship with Hospice will go this year.
- Being 22 means I’m still in my early 20s. I have some anxiety getting older…23 is still considered early 20s…
- Spending more time with my parents this year. Being in FL the past three years had me seeing them only on holidays. Now that I am closer, I get to see them more often, and capture wonderful moments…like mom trying to tap dance…
- Reading some wonderful books, like: Davita’s Harp by Chiam Potok, Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert, Yearnings by Rabbi Irwin Kula, & A Million Miles in a Thousand Years by Donald Miller…just to name a few.
- Going back to FL in December and early May to visit my college roomies, friends, and favorite professors.
- Creating the most delicious meals ever. And, I learned how to grill.
- Dwelling on this quote: “You are in the Beloved…therefore infinitely dear to the Father, unspeakably precious to our Creator. You are never, not for one second, alone.” –Norman Dowty
- The hardships of this past year. Honestly, it has been the hardest year of my life with new adjustments, moving somewhere completely new, starting a masters program, working family things out…in fact it has been a very, very dark year. But wow. It has been such a wonderful year for self-growth in who I am as a person in this world and who I am in God. God is so faithful, so trustworthy, and so patient. I’ve learned that after every winter comes the summer; after the wilderness comes the promise land; after the darkness, comes the dawn.
- Living the 22 years I have lived. I’m simply thankful for the life I have, the opportunities I’ve been given, and the possibilities for the future. I am truly blessed.
I’m looking forward to seeing what new discoveries I make about this world, self, and God as 23 years old. Pray I soak up all life has to offer, always valuing each day, never-not for one moment-rushing it.